As you visit and use InsuranceQuotes.org, we may collect your personal information for our own use as well as share it with affiliated third-party companies. This privacy statement details what information is collected and how it is shared. It may update, so we recommend that visitors to our website periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information from you during your use of InsuranceQuotes.org:
- Contact information (name, email address, mailing address, phone number, etc.)
- Demographic information (gender, education, zip code, etc.)
- Computer information (IP address, browser type, referring and exit pages, operating system, etc.)
To do this and to better serve you by increasing the response time of InsuranceQuotes.org, we may use the following methods to collect information about visitors:
- Log Files. We also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which is an identifying number used by computers on the network every time you log on to the Internet.
- Clear Gifs. Clear gifs are also known as Web Beacons. These are small graphics with a unique identifier, and are similar in function to cookies in that they’re used to track the online movement of Web users. These enable us to better manage content on our site, as well as in our HTML-enabled emails by showing us what content is effective. In addition, it allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Clear gifs are not linked to users’ personally identifiable information.
Use of Personal Information
We use this information to then:
- Provide the best insurance quotes based on your needs
- Send you requested insurance information
- Respond to any inquiries, requests, or concerns
- Send you newsletters or marketing communications*
- Conduct our own research and analysis
- Improve our website and our marketing efforts
*If you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe following the email instructions.
In addition to our own use, we may share your personal information with third-party companies for similar purposes as described above in this privacy statement. These may include companies that provide services that support our business practices, such as customer service or email service delivery. We may also disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, such as under order of a subpoena or similar legal process, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety, and the safety of others; to investigate fraud; and to follow government requests if InsuranceQuotes.org is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of its assets to a third party, with your prior consent to disclose. We will not sell your personal information to third-party companies for their own unrelated marketing purposes.
Third Party Links
By submitting your personal information to InsuranceQuotes.org, you are making an official inquiry to us, our affiliated entities, and third-party marketing partners and vendors. This inquiry grants us, our affiliates, and third-party partners and vendors permission to contact you via telephone for a limited period. This permission applies even if the number you submitted is on any state and/or federal Do Not Call lists, as inquiries are exceptions to Do Not Call lists’ requirements.
Effective on August 21, 2012